Meta-title: How to Do Post Offer Exam in Las Vegas | SNOHC Meta-description: The post offer physical exam is a set of examinations that show whether employees are physically fit to perform the job's essential functions.
What is a post offer physical exam?
The post offer employment evaluation is a set of examinations that show whether employees are physically fit to perform the job's essential functions. Post offer evaluations are not similar to what is done in pre-employment physical. You can do a post-offer physical for your worker if you have hired him/her. In other words, after the formal job offer is made by the employer, this physical assessment is done for the prospective employee.
What are the benefits of Post Offer Employment?
The benefits of post offer employment testing (poet) are:
- Efficiency and productivity increase because decent workers are hired. Studies show that about 10% of those who take the medical exam fail and are not hired.
- Newly hired people will be familiar with the requirements of the job in advance.
- The risk of accidents is reduced, and safety in the workplace is increased.
- The severity and frequency of work-related injuries such as musculoskeletal injuries are reduced.
- These tests comply with the ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) and EEOC (Equal Employment Opportunity Commission) regulations and are completely legal.
- Decreasing workers ’compensation costs are another advantage of doing this physical exam.
If the post offer physical fitness screening is well-designed, the risk of injuries and accidents will be reduced and will be beneficial for the employer and the employee
What is the difference between pre-employment examinations and post-offer physical exam?
Pre-employment testing is performed after the candidate has applied for the job position. In this way, the employer can better choose the right candidate for the job position. Post offer physical assessment, on the other hand, is performed when a job offer has been given to a candidate, and these tests are performed to determine if the worker can safely perform the job duties.
What does a post offer physical consist of?
Post offer physical fitness tests include brief physical, medical, and non-medical tests that measure your ability to lift, carry, and hold weighted objects at body height or higher. After the examination, your test results will be shared with your employer.
post offer tests near me
The Southern Nevada Occupational Health Center provides a variety of services, including this test in Las Vegas. If you need to do this test in your company, you can contact our specialists at this center to take the necessary measures and coordination. You can also refer to the top of the page to learn more about other services of this center.
Frequently Asked Questions about Post Offer PhysicalWhat is a post offer?
The post offer employment evaluation is a set of examinations that show whether employees are physically fit to perform the job's essential functions.What does a post offer physical consist of?
Post offer physical fitness tests include brief physical tests that measure your ability to lift, carry, and hold weighted objects.What are the benefits of Post Offer Employment?
- Increase productivity and safety
- Reduce work-related injuries
- Decreasing workers ’compensation costs
- Newly hired people will be familiar with the requirements of the job
Other Physical Exams
Stay Healthy!! Stay Strong!!
To make an appointment online at Southern Nevada Occupational Health Center (SNOHC), click here and file the form or call us at (702) 380-3989 Click Here →