If you have to work with asbestos in your workplace, you should receive regular training. The training will convert your dangerous work environment into a safer environment. In the following sections, we provide everything you need to know about asbestos awareness training.
What is Asbestos Awareness Training?
Asbestos awareness includes training content for workers and supervisors who are exposed to asbestos. The purpose of this training program is to enable employees to work safely with asbestos-containing materials. This ensures that workers can know where asbestos is found and what steps to take to stay safe.
The training includes the following:
- Identification, handling, and control methods
- Asbestos-containing products (such as asbestos duct connectors, asbestos fireproofing, asbestos plastics, and asbestos vinyl products)
- Loose-fill asbestos (raw asbestoses that are crushed into a fine state and installed as ceiling insulation)
Therefore, your employer is obliged to provide:
- Detailed information on hazards and control measures to have a safe environment.
- The right training content for each worker