In this blog, you’ll learn all the details about post-offer physical exams. Las Vegas is an area with lots of industries. They are more of a physical type of business. So employers would better know the importance of Post-offer Physical Examination in Las Vegas.
Southern Nevada Occupational Health Center (SNOHC) has provided this article. We hold 15+ years of experience in occupational health services in Las Vegas.
What is a Post-offer physical examination?
The post-offer physical examination is to assure that recruiters for identified positions hold the requirements. It aims to check:
- Physical capability
- Overall physical fitness
The new employees must do the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable adjustments. Only when you find a recruiter suitable for a job, you can offer a post-offer physical.
The Post-offer Physical Examination is for employees whose work is safety-sensitive. Weak physical performance in some jobs could lead to:
- Notable incident.
- Endangering public safety.
- Putting co-workers, property, or the environment at risk.
- Damaging valuable goods and stuff.
OSHA has regulated some required vaccines for a few employees. It is for their safety at the workplace. So is the physical ability. To see whether the employee can perform the physical requirements is a must.
Adopting and achieving an active post-offer physical examination help:
- Avoid risks.
- Decrease employee injuries.
- Saving time and funds
Recent statistics show that implementing post-offer employment testing has led to 47% fewer workers’ injuries. Post offer has tripled safety compared to not the employers not using it. Making a wise decision by POET will save $10,000 – $30,000 for each employee.
What is the purpose of the post-offer physical examination?
The prime purpose of post-offer physical examination is to assure employees can complete their tasks. They can not achieve physical ability overnight. Employees may be able to perform such tasks well. But you can not recognize some faults by eyes. A worker might be able to lift a 30-pound weight. However, his/her heart rate or blood pressure is a different story. Only the post-offer physical examination can determine the employees’ full function.
Why is post-offer physical examination so critical?
There is no end to post-offer physical examination benefits. It is both for employers and the workforce. Here are a few items:
- Decrease the frequency and harshness of exertional injuries.
- Preserve the safety of patients and workers.
- Since you hire the right employee, the number of turnovers will decrease.
- It forms a standard model of employees’ physical capacity.
- Recruits will have a clear understanding of the physical demands of the job
- By decreasing accidents, safety for new workers and co-workers will increase.
- Check for potential diseases
- Decreasing workers’ compensation costs—up 50% on average through the first year of employment.
- Less interruption to production
- Recognize any issues that may become medical concerns in the future
- Update necessary immunizations for current employees
- You could recognize an at-risk person who could become the next workers’ compensation claim.
How Popular is Post-offer physical examination?
How would you evaluate employees who post online resues? On the age of Remote working, checking recruiters has become more difficult. Not only the personality or resume but the physical capabilities. Not every job is a desk one. However, there are physical requirements for desk jobs, as well.
The matter of health has become more of a professional job. Employers need Occupational health Centers to make a full check of a candidate. The American Management Association has conducted a survey that shows the Post offer Physical exam has become more wanted in the past 15 years. Employers tend to rely more on DATA rather than personal opinion. There is no doubt with the gathered data through proven experiments. However, personal evaluation can be wrong.